Wednesday 15 August 2018

Feast of the Assumption

Honoring Mary's Assumption into Heaven is something that  dates back a long way in the 
history of Christianity. It is this day that we specially remember when Our lady was taken up to heaven with body and soul.

 It is traditional to bless fruits and herbs on this day. In Medevial times, devotion to Mary was so strong in 

England that the country was known as 'Mary's dowry'.

St JOhn Damascane, writing in 749, stated : ' St Juvenal the bishop of Jerusalem made known to emperor to possess the body of Mother of God, that Mary died in the presence of the apostles, but the tomb, when opened at the request of St Thomas, was found empty: the apostles concluded that her body was taken upto heaven'' (feast & seasons ).





The feast of Assumption craft is adopted from real life at home blog. The floral arrangement with sticks and clouds was done by my little kidoos with my assistances. Today is an important day fr us , the independence day of India.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.