Wednesday 18 March 2020

St Patrick'sday

Today is the feast of St Patrick, used to be a week with Irish dance and celebration in our St John's community. Due to the current situation going around, we are confined at home by learning Irish steps, read story of St Patrick, some activities and food( jelly made with the help of Geo).

St Patrick was a Roman citizen and captured by celts and made a slave for six years. In his captivity he turned to God. He tells us; "The love of God and His fear grew in me more and more, as did the faith and my soul was roused..." Pstrick had a message from God in a dream and he was told to flee and in the end united with his family. He became a priest later and back in Ireland.

One of the keys to his holiness is his deep humility. In his book called confession, he speaks about his sinfulness...I was like a stone lying in mud and mighty lifted me up...





Children are learning some Irish dance steps and Geo along with Theresu putting their best effort to learn.

'Christ beside me....
Practised the song of Patrick...' Christ at my right hand...

Since it is the day of wearing of the green, I tried to incorporate some green in the meal and children worn green as part of the feast.

          
  Happy Feast of St Patrick

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    Very inspirational- teaching the catholic practice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational
    Teaching Catholic values to our generation.
    God bless your effort

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.