Monday 24 March 2014

St Joseph Day

It is St Joseph's feast day. We thought to make a St Joseph altar which is an olden tradition carried from cicily. Story behind is having a big feast because there was a huge famine, people prayed through St Joseph and famine gone away. So rich people welcomed poor and the others into their houses on the feast day , with lots of food. St Joseph three tier altar reminds trinity, Joseph, Mary and Jesus.


 St Joseph is the patron of fathers, children wrote beautiful letter to appa, was really great. Then we made some dad donuts, which is a tradition of making  donuts on St Joseph day. It was the first time I made donuts.

 Children making some St Joseph symbols using dough, made nails, hammer, crosses etc and children did some coloring sheets of whole story of St Joseph which we obtained from holy heroes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.