Saturday 13 July 2013

Pot- Pourri. Make it !

It is sad to see that most garden flowers last only for a short time. So we thought of make them last a little longer by making a pot-pourri.



So we  picked some fresh flowers. These are the flowers in our garden.






Kids picked some fresh flowers from the garden, and I was bit reluctant to let them pick flowers, however we started it. Choose a warm dry day to collect petals.





kids collected it in an open tray.. Placed it in a an airing space in our house to dry.




Annu and Theresu watered plants once they collected the petals, as it was a real hot day.




After two three days !! Smell is getting better as soon as you pass close to it !.So nice refreshing smell. Added rose petals and some lavender too.


After about a week, it became dry. Smells really great. I am planning to add few drops of rose oil to make it smell even better. So pot pourri will be ready to display it on some window side to love the fresh smell of summer garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.