Tuesday 16 July 2013

Our Lady Of Mt Carmel Feast Day





Photo: Our Lady Of Mount Carmel




It was a beautiful marian feast of  Our L ady Of Mount Carmel yesterday the July 16th. We could began the day with H.Mass. We read about significance of mount carmel. Hermites founded the carmelite order on Mount Carmel and they were dedicated to Mother Mary, themselves titled as Our Lady Of Mt Carmel. Later Our lady Mt Carmel appeared  to St Simon Stock, the leader of the order and gave him  scapular.




Found some beautiful pictures drawn by members of St John the baptist church through catholic icing. Thanks Lacy.

                               
                                      Munnu's coloring sheet




                                   Annu's picture



                             
                                Children drew some pictures of brown scapular.

















 They made it well. Munnu thought of started wearing scapular which I had only one left with me. Chocolate cookies were made in the afternoon.


  Since wearing scapular by munnu, an amazing miracle happened to him too. He was riding in his bike in  town centre in the evening, ended up in falling from his bike, hit on a wooden plank. Thank God, nothing much happened, bulged his forehead quite a bit. I believe it was a motherly protection, which is of course by wearing the scapular.

                              "Whosoever dies clothed in this scapular shall not suffer eternal fire"Our lady's scapular promise.


                        Our Lady Of Mount Carmel pray for us.


A Prayer to the Blessed Virgin

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me, and show thou art my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I humbly beseech thee from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this necessity. There are none that can withstand thy power. Oh, show me herein thou art my Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
(3 times)


Sweet Mother, I place this cause in thy hands. (3 times)

                                        
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.