Sunday 21 June 2020

Solemnity of Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart Feast is celebrated  19 days after Pentecost.The whole month of June is dedicated to Sacred Heart.

Christ himself revealed to St Margaret Mary Alacoque the love of Sacred Heart.Though the devotion to Sacred Heart is much older. We are all reminded of boundless love of Christ for humanity.

Let us focus on the exposed heart of Lord, we see in the paintings,with crown of thorns, the cross, the wound, rays around and the flames with cross on it. Flames represents His burning love for us,the rays of light shows Christ the light of the world. The cross and the crown of thorns remind us the passion of Lord and all His sufferings for our sins.

You can do a few things at on the feast day, some heart shaped cup cakes, fruit salad with berries decorated in the shape of heart .

Children can be encouraged to repeat ejaculatory prayers to Sacred Heart from below.
Then along with Holy Mass, consecrate our families to Sacred Heart.






                                      Sweet Heart of Jesus be my Love.

                       Sacred Heart of Jesus I place my trust in You.

                    Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like yours.
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.