Wednesday 12 March 2014

Spring time- Daffodils


We thought of learning about Spring. We have a few daffodils growing in our garden. Thought to learn about it. I was really keen to know more about it. Munnu plucked a daffodil and planted in the pot and was observing it for the last few days. It came into my mind why dont learn about daffodils and especially learn about the beautiful poem of Wordsworth. So I could incorporate a few ideas of daffodils together with english, poetry, drawing, science by dissecting daffodils with them and learning the parts. So I was excited to see and learn about daffodils. It's a good time to know more about Wordsworth as part of Country study of United Kingdom.
Learned some vocabulary connected to daffodils. Lot of wonderful resources obtained from starof eight blog and from daffodilusa.org. Lot of coloring sheets are found in here about the different varieties of daffodils.


Dissecting the parts of daffodils 

                      Learning the poem 'Daffodils' by Wordsworth.


                         Copy writing the lines of 'Daffodils' poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.