Sunday 27 March 2022

Mothering Sunday

The celebration of Mothers' day began hundreds of years ago. On the fourth Sunday of Lent ( Laetare Sunday) families visited their Mother church pausing from strict fasting to offer gifts and thanks. Gradually moved into girls visiting their homes as they often get a time of break from their mundane works.

   Children throughout the ages have kept this beautiful mothering Sunday tradition. For me I am so blessed to be a mother of four nd two in heaven and totally agree my role models are always my mum and now mummy also. They still inspires me what I am. So many other mothers around me have a huge impact in my life including so many home educating mothers. They gave up jobs, using their whole energy, abilities, multi talents for other families too. No matter whatever they are going through, they are always beside you. Praying for all of them.

      Snap with kids on the way coming home.

Cards made by Munnu n Theresu on behalf of all.


Children gave their mothers small gifts such as posy of wild flowers or a dinner cake.

" And I will to thee a simnel bring,
Against thou goest a -mothering,
So that when she blesses' thee,
Half the blessing thoust give to me" 
A traditional rhyme
Every honour goes to Mary mother too as she is all our mum too.

  Just tried to give some bunch of daffodils to some of our neighbouring mothers. That was my mission on Mothering Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.