Saturday 23 April 2022

Divine Mercy Sunday

The Sunday after Easter is called Divine Mercy Sunday initiated by St John Paul 2. It is an opportunity to focus on the mercy of the Lord and are called to live it out in our own lives.


The image depicts darkness in the background shows presence of darkness without Christ, light illuminated around Christ. Left hand is painted towards the open wound and reminds his love and mercy for us. Right hand is bestowing blessing upon us. Red and pale rays of His love and sacraments . White robe indicates  Jesus the High priest and the image itself is of  risen Lord. At the foot end is the selfie of 'Jesus I trust in you'.

Home made Pizza decorated with pepperoni red and pale rays..

 Beautiful booklet of Divine Mercy chaplet can be made.  Kids coloured a divine mercy chaplet.


After such a long time, pre teens gathered online and said the chaplet at 3pm , prayed on rosary beads. This is my favourite way to celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday. Continued with narration of story of St Faustina, explanation of image and concluded with a hand craft. 

The day could be a day of reconciliation and some act of mercy could be done.
            Jesus I trust in You

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.