Thursday 3 March 2016

Crown of Thorns

For this Lenten season, I purchased a grapevine wreath for making crown of thorns.You will need  a wreath, black dye and  a box of toothpicks ( I used  smooth, round toothpicks), you can either put tooth picks in a black dye overnight ,leave overnight to dry it.






Once they are dry, you can wedge the toothpicks all over the grapevine wreath. Toothpicks can be inserted into different slots in the wreath and tension of the vine hold it in.

The crown of thorns symbolizes Our Lord's many pains and sufferings. I encourage children to do a sacrifice or a prayer and pluck each thorn in some way hope to amend the sins that caused the suffering, Our Precious Lord endured. This year children are doing Crown of Thorns instead of  Jelly beans and I said all the thorns they plucked is putting into their own Jars. By Easter it will be all turned into a Jar of sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.