Sunday 7 February 2016

Year Of Mercy Jar

I was thinking to do a some sort of charity during the Year of Mercy. Then I came across the Divine Mercy for Moms blog and the book which sounds so great.I thought to pull a jar and leave it in the table,' Year of Mercy jar' to celebrate extraordinary Year of Mercy declared by Pope Francis and stuck a Mary Meal label on it. This Mary Meals organisation provides meals for places in Africa, Haiti etc. This amazing organisation was named after Mary, Mother of God, who brought up her own child in poverty.
       In papal bull of Indiction 'Misericordiae Vultus, he asked us to open our eyes to suffering lives and extend our helping hands.

It is easy to sometimes  feel that motherhood isn't compatable  with true christian works of mercy. I was pondering more into coorporal works of mercy. Then it happened to read the Apostleship of the sea and seafarers. Feeding the hungry is the coorporal act of mercy as christians called to do. Many at times seafarers do not have food.

We asked you to please visit ' Mary Meals' website and watch video ' child 31' or read Magnus Farlands book ; The Shed that Fed  A million children. You can even do a 'Year of Mercy Jar' project and either support the 'Apostleship of the sea'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Manchester, United Kingdom
A catholic mum with four wonderful children and my wonderful husband. My interests includes my family, faith,home education.Would love to do n enjoy Craft and arts,baking, journaling and reading when I get time,celebrates liturgical feasts in the family, likes Charlotte Mason philosophy, passionate about nature study, Montessori fan.To keep innocence, I would like to keep Annu as the eldest, Munnu and Theresu and Georgu as the youngest. Likes to read on parenting, lousy housekeeper,would love to work for the kingdom of God. I am a Homeopath too, member of Faculty of Homeopathy UK and anyone who like to have a safe, natural medicinal approach, feel free to approach me.